Here at Good Teachers Union, we want to offer you information, advice, and some insight regardless if you choose to use our recruiting service or not. We believe that your access to vital information should not be codependent on you choosing us as your first choice of recruiting specialists. All information you see here will always be free for you to access, read, and share.

When we think about some of our favorite blogs, the thing we like about them the most is their ability to take a unique stance and offer unrivaled perspective on issues that matter. That's what we will aim to do for you here. We have our in-house authors, teachers, and guest bloggers all with very different and unique experiences to truly give you a one-of-a-kind perspective on a multitude of topics.

Do you want to TEFL, TESL, or TESOL?

  • Post by Charissa
  • August 19, 2016

Have you ever thought about teaching English abroad, but found they use top-secret codes like TEFL, TESL, and TESOL? Lucky for you, you don’t have to join the CIA to crack these codes. We’ve got you covered. TEFL is an acronym for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. TESL is Teaching English as a Second Language and TESOL stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. While these three acronyms are used interchangeably in informal settings, in reality, they are quite different.Taking TEFL classes gives you the skills you need to teach English to those living in countries where English is not the native language. TESL classes, on the other hand, help you learn how to teach English to immigrants who are living in an English-speaking country. TESOL classes give you basi

Read More

How To Become An English Teacher In China

  • Post by Charissa
  • September 20, 2015
A GTU English teacher in action

[caption id="attachment_419" align="alignnone" width="1280"] A GTU English teacher in action[/caption]In order to be hired by a school to teach in China, you will usually need to meet several basic qualifications. Some schools require that you can obtain a Z work visa. The basic requirements for a Z work visa are that you have 2 years of work experience and a college degree. On top of that, the school you want to work with may require that you have several years of English teaching experience, a degree in education and/or a Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) certificate.A TEFL is relatively easy

Read More

Schedule A Skype Consultation Below

Your Privacy Matters To Us. We Do Not Spam Your Email. Information Is Used Strictly For Contact Purposes.